Select your seat
Whether you like the window seat, prefer the aisle, or want some space to stretch out, we’ve got the information you need to know when requesting your seat.
You can select your seat on Qantas operated flights+ any time after making your booking. The earlier you select your seat, the more choice you have. Simply select your seats on qantas.com or via the Qantas App.
Standard seat selection is complimentary when:
- travelling on any Qantas operated domestic service,
- travelling internationally in Economy on a Saver or Flex fare,
- travelling internationally in First, Business or Premium Economy,
- travelling internationally as a Platinum One, Platinum, Gold or Silver Qantas Frequent Flyer or equivalent oneworld and Emirates Skywards Frequent Flyer,
- travelling internationally as a Bronze Qantas Frequent Flyer on any Qantas operated flight when you book directly with Qantas,
- travelling on an Economy Classic Flight Reward, or
- on the same booking and travelling with any of the above mentioned travellers.
Seat selection is also available for a charge if you're travelling on an international Economy sale fare on Qantas operated flights or your itinerary is originating outside of Australia. Plus when you book directly as a Qantas Frequent Flyer, you'll enjoy complimentary standard seat selection and added flexibility and benefits throughout your journey. Join for free today.
To select your seat, enter your booking reference and last name, or if you're a Qantas Frequent Flyer, select your seat through your bookings.
Extra legroom seats
Travelling in Economy and want some additional space? Choose one of our extra legroom seats. Availability is limited, so make sure you reserve your seat early and relax knowing you'll have some extra room onboard.
Check you meet the requirements and additional conditions for exit row seating before selecting one.
Extra Legroom seats are complimentary for Platinum One members.
Exit row seats and extra legroom seats may be temporarily unavailable on your upcoming flight. Visit the inflight and airport services page for more information.
Want to make sure that you're seated in the forward half of the cabin? Choose one of our preferred seats and enjoy sitting towards the front of the Economy cabin.
Preferred seats are complimentary for Platinum One, Platinum and Gold members.
View the terms and conditions.
Seat with Bassinet
Travelling with an infant? You can now choose your seat online inclusive of a bassinet option, so you and your family can travel together with added comfort.
To be eligible to select a Seat with Bassinet, the infant:
- must be booked and travelling with an adult (parent or guardian), and
- must be less than 2 years of age, weigh less than 11kg and be able to lie flat in the bassinet at the time of travel. (Bassinets on Qantas flights are approximately 71cm long, 31cm wide and 26cm deep.)
If your infant doesn’t comfortably fit within the specifications of a bassinet, they must travel in the lap of the adult travelling with them. In this situation, you may be moved from your Seat with Bassinet to accommodate other customers travelling with infants.
Seat with Bassinet is available for a charge for customers travelling in international Economy and is complimentary for customers travelling internationally in First, Business or Premium Economy on flights operated by an A380 or A330 aircraft. To select your seats, visit Manage booking.
Requesting an upgrade
Discover how you can upgrade your Qantas flight with Classic Upgrade Rewards, Bid Now Upgrades and Domestic On Departure Upgrade Rewards.
How to request a Flight upgrade and more information on which type of upgrade is right for you.
View full terms and conditions for seat selection.
Seat selection cannot be guaranteed as seats may need to be changed for operational, safety or security reasons, even after boarding the aircraft.
Disclaimer: + You can select your seat on all Qantas operated flights (excluding select regional services).